The Multi-Award-Winning Online Travel Magazine
Created for Families.
Family Travel 411 twice received the Silver Award in Online Travel Magazines from the North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA), placing most recently between Travel Age West and Qantas. Individual features have won additional honors, including Silver and Bronze NATJA Awards in special focus categories and two SOLAS Awards for Best Travel Writing from Travelers Tales Publishing.
The Family Travel 411 Mission:
This site has two main missions, should you choose to accept them:
1. To ease your family’s travel planning with…
- Our 411 Family Travel Destination Guides including maps (curated recommendations of the 4 best activities for experiencing the destination + 1 great place to stay, + 1 great place to eat while there) from our network of fearless family travel contributors;
- plus practical tips for all facets of traveling as a family;
- and recommendations of travel gear and vacation properties.
2. To entertain and inspire you with travel features and photos that take you along for the ride on our adventures in the redwoods, along coral reefs, to desert canyons, through the world’s most beloved cities, and more.
Ready to join the adventure? Click here to subscribe!
Not sure where to start?
You might like these roundups with overviews and links to specific areas of interest:
Want to know more?
Read about our inspiring contributors here and get the “backstory” and an overview of founder Shelly Rivoli’s “family travel street creds” below. More questions? See our Editorial Disclosure here or Contact Us with questions.
Just here for the photos?
Shelly Rivoli’s travel photography can be seen and licensed in her stock photography gallery. Many of Shelly’s photos are also represented by Alamy (enter photo location in search box). NOTE: Contributor stories (by other authors) generally feature the photography of the author, whose contact is connected on each story page.
In 2004, Shelly began developing TravelswithBaby.com while outlining and researching her first edition Travels with Baby: The Ultimate Guide for Planning Travel with Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschool-Age Child.
In 2007, Travels with Baby was published and the “Travels with Baby Tips” blog began as an effort to help promote the new book. The plan was simple: A one-paragraph one-tip post each week, which was syndicated in Amazon Daily, with the goal of completing 52 posts and then getting on with life.
Fast-forward eight years, and Shelly Rivoli’s Travels with Baby Tips blog is still going strong, having picked up several awards and accolades along the way, including a 2012 Bronze and 2013 Silver Award in Independent Travel Blogs from the North American Travel Journalists Association.
In 2014, upon completion of the revised and expanded Travels with Baby: The Ultimate Guide for planning Travel with Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler (2014 Silver Award Winner in Parenting Resources from the National Parenting Publication Awards), Shelly continues to share travel tips, advice and inspiration for families, now using her two blogs to best serve her audiences with the info they seek:
TravelswithBaby.com – Tips, advice, and inspiration tailored to travelers with at least one child under 5 years.
FamilyTravel411.com – Tips, advice, and inspiration for travelers with school-age children.
- Mother of 3 children, currently 9, 12, and 14 years
- Changer of diapers on 4 continents and several islands
- Quoted in: Redbook, Boston Globe, LA Times, Parents, Parenting, Pregnancy, Fit Pregnancy, Parent & Child, Baby Talk, Metro Parent, TimeOut New York Kids, Real Simple magazine and Real Simple Family.
- TV appearances: Recurring guest on ABC 7’s View from the Bay 2008 – 2010
- Spokesperson: Huggies Hawaiian Diaper “Every Little Bottom” campaign, raising 20+ million diapers for families in need through the National Diaper Bank Network and FoodBanks Canada
- Author: Travels with Baby (1st & 2nd ed.), Take-Along Travels with Baby
- Book Awards: NAPPA Gold and Silver awards in Parenting Resources, NAPPA Rising Star Award, ForeWord Book of the Year Finalist in Parenting and Travel Guides.
- Blogging/Internet Publishing Awards: NATJA Gold Award in Budget/Frugal Travel Articles, NATJA Silver and Bronze winner in Independent Travel Blogs, NATJA Bronze winner in Multigenerational/Family Travel Articles, Babble.com’s 25 Best Travel Blogs for Families.
- Website Awards: Two-time Red Tricycle Totally Aweseome Awards finalist for Best Family Travel Websites.
Want to work with Shelly? Please send your proposal (no press releases, thank you) via the contact page.
More at ShellyRivoli.com.